So yeah, a little bit of a gap in posting…Almost 2 months… not to worry though! This blog is about life optimization (albeit heavily on the finance side) and we had to do some internal optimization in our own house.
I mean, if MMM can do it…. JK love ya man
Here are some of the highlights
- Covid ran through our house, All six of us got it
- We have changed our daily routine to include waking up at 4 AM to hit early hours at the climbing gym and set up a healthier morning routine. It sucks most days in the beginning but is more than worth it by the end.
- I discussed work life balance with my boss and we now have a clear path to a balanced approach that is better for everyone.
So why do you care about any of that? You shouldn’t…. Long story short, we are back!
Also, I just renewed the Domain/hosting and have a couple decent bottles of bourbon in the house so we aren’t about to stop now.
So, what is going on in our world:
- Halfway through the travel hacking plan that we covered in the last post.
- Done with setting up our print on demand store and have the basics figured out. There are a couple of loose ends to wrap up before we do a post on it, but we are about to start trying some ad campaigns. We have completed a couple of trials and the mechanics are working. The best part is that it’s not complicated at all.
- About to find out if my wife will get docked on her signup bonus with Chase because I referred her.
- 2 months out from paying off our house and it cannot get here soon enough.
- Working on some Christmas present hacks. Maybe there will be a post about that in the near future.
- Enjoying this awesome weather over the last few months. Plenty of outdoor shenanigans going on. This is the best time of year by far!
What’s up in the rest of the world:
- The housing market has lost its ever-loving mind
- Congress is threatening on taking away our beloved Mega Backdoor Roth (all politics aside, I really hope this doesn’t make it through, and yes, we know it was a loophole that should never have existed in the first place! That doesn’t mean I can’t be upset to see it possibly vanish!!!!)
No super deep or analytical posts today. We are a year and 24 posts into this experiment so I am trying to keep it as one of the things that brings joy in life and not another added stress. The break was nice but it’s time to get back into the journey!
And hey, if the Mega Backdoor Roth gets canceled, then we get to start the journey on how our FIRE path will change with the new tax law. We were getting pretty comfortable with that plan and it would be fun to shake things up and learn what opportunities will arise if a new tax law if it goes into effect.
Until Next time, continue to Choose Beta